KING’S CHRISTIAN COLLEGE COMPASS: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Last updated 31 July 2018
By accessing Compass you agree to be bound by the following terms (Terms of Service) that apply to your use of Compass and any other system or service which you are authorised to access using Compass (Single Sign On Service).
You should read and understand the Terms of Service before agreeing to be bound by them. Compass is designed, updated and maintained by King's Christian College to support the learning, teaching and operational needs of the College and for communication between members of the King's Christian College Community.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
2. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, you will exit the site immediately and advise King's Christian College so that your account can be de-activated.
3. Individual Compass pages may be inspected for compliance with these Terms and Conditions at any time.
4. King's Christian College may suspend your access to Compass if there are reasonable grounds for us to suspect that you have breached these Terms and Conditions, prior to us investigating the matter fully.
5. Inappropriate use and/or violation of any of these Terms and Conditions of Use may result in the loss of privileges to use Compass and may also result in civil and/or criminal consequences.
1. Account holders (Staff, Students and Parents) are issued with account credentials for Compass. These credentials are used to determine which information is accessible to the account holder.
2. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the account credentials (user login name and password) you use to access Compass.
3. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
4. If you select to Remember Me, you agree that any access or use of the app or access to the Compass system using your login credentials will be deemed as being accessed by you.
5. Any information that you contribute to Compass is identifiable to your account along with the date and time of the contribution. The information will be widely accessible (i.e. available to all other Compass users) unless you take steps to deliberately restrict access.
6. You must notify King's Christian College immediately if your account credentials are misused or become disclosed, so that your account can be secured and alternative credentials provided to protect the integrity of your ongoing use of the service.
7. You are responsible and liable for any other person using your account. These Terms and Conditions will apply to such use as if the use was made by you.
8. In the event of a family separation or other events necessitating different access arrangements, you will inform King's Christian College at the earliest opportunity so that Compass and the Parent Lounge can be configured appropriately.
9. King's Christian College does not guarantee or warrant that access to Compass will be uninterrupted, without delay, error-free, omission-free or free of viruses.
USE OF COMPASS
1. Compass must only be used to support the learning, teaching and operational activities of King's Christian College.
2. You acknowledge and agree that administrators of Compass may monitor your use of Compass or any Authorised System.
4. King's Christian College may change or abolish the Compass service, or any element thereof, at any time.
5. You will use contact details contained on this site to communicate with others in the King's Christian College community for personal and non-commercial purposes only, in a respectful and civil manner, at reasonable times.
6. Under no circumstances should the contact details contained on this site be used for the purposes of marketing, including telemarketing.
7. Where you provide personal information relating to another person, you warrant that you have authority to do so.
8. You will keep information contained on this site about others in the King's Christian College community confidential and not share the information with any other person, even with other members of the King's Christian College community. However, if you are a member of King's Christian College staff, it is recognised that, at times, you may share confidential information with internal and external parties to carry out your professional and legal responsibilities.
9. You must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on Compass.
GOVERNING LAW, COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. Compass and its content can be used only for lawful purposes.
2. Use of Compass will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland, Australia. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that state.
3. Copyright belongs to the original author or publisher of the content/resource.
4. The material on Compass (including but not limited to logos, branding, text, images, program code, animations, video) is protected under Australian and international copyright and other laws governing protection of intellectual property rights. Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
4.1 republish or redistribute material from Compass (including on other websites or forums);
4.2 sell, rent or sub-license material from Compass;
4.3 create derivative works from materials in Compass;
4.4 show any material from Compass in public use; or
4.5 use material from Compass for any commercial purpose.
1. If you contribute information to Compass, you agree to provide correct information and keep it up to date.
2. You will not add any information/content which is, or which may be considered to be, offensive, threatening, defamatory, racist, discriminatory or illegal.
3. The Content is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including as to accuracy, timeliness and completeness. If errors are brought to the attention of King's Christian College, all reasonable efforts will be made to correct them.
4. King's Christian College assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in Compass content and further disclaims any liability of any nature for any loss whatsoever caused in connection with using Compass information to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. Compass is designed as an aid to revision, homework and assessment and King's Christian College strives to ensure the content in Compass provides a valuable educational experience. No warranty, express or implied, is given as to the effectiveness of such material as an educational tool, and King's Christian College does not accept any liability for unsatisfactory examination results.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
1. Links to other websites or online services that are accessible from Compass may contain terms and conditions that are different from the Terms and Conditions for Compass. You agree to check the terms and conditions of any third party site that you access via Compass.
2. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by King's Christian College of any linked site. King's Christian College does not control or endorse these sites, and is not responsible or liable for the accuracy, legality, or any other aspect of the content of such sites or for any damage or injury arising in connection with your access to and/or use of such sites.
Last updated 31 July 2018